The Best Steak Restaurant in Wimbledon
Best quality steaks? Check. Outstanding steakhouse experience? Check. Enthusiastic team on hand? Check. You get it all when you dine with us at Bar + Block Wimbledon.
Not to blow our own trumpet, but since we opened in February 2019, Bar + Block has become one of the most popular restaurants in Wimbledon, famous for our steak and cocktails. We serve all the classic cuts, and we hand cut them to order so whether you’re after an 8oz, a 12oz, a 16oz or even an entire joint, we’ve got you.
Take a left when you come in and you’ll find our bar, perfect for a relaxed evening with friends sampling our cocktail range. Ask our bartender for recommendations or choose from our extensive menu. We’re ready to shake + stir your drink of choice!
Located just a few steps from Wimbledon Theatre, and less than a 10 minute drive from the famous Championship tennis ground, Bar + Block is in the heart of Wimbledon. To find us, take the District Line to Wimbledon Underground station, and then it’s just a short walk to our restaurant.
During your visit, you will be looked after by the very best team. Every guest is greeted with warmth and personality - making sure you leave our restaurant with great memories of our delicious food and excellent service. Our chefs are legends in the kitchen: preparing fresh hand cut steaks, grilled to perfection, while our master mixologists shake + stir the best cocktails you’ve ever tasted. It’s the perfect match.
Head Chef, Orande Thompson’s favourite Bar + Block dish is a 60oz fillet prepared as Chateaubriand, marinated in chimichurri sauce.
Chef’s choice home recipe
Orande Thompson’s chimichurri sauce.
● 1/2 cup olive oil
● 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
● 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
● 3-4 cloves garlic, finely chopped or minced
● 2 small red chilies, or 1 red chili, deseeded and finely chopped (about 1 tablespoon finely chopped chili)
● 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
● 1 level teaspoon coarse salt
● pepper, to taste (about 1/2 teaspoon)
● Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes to release all of the flavours into the oil before using. Ideally, let it sit for more than 2 hours if time allows.
● Chimichurri can be prepared earlier than needed, and refrigerated for
24 hours if needed.
● Use to baste meats (chicken or steak) while grilling or barbecuing. We don't use it as a marinade but choose to baste our meats with chimichurri instead. However, you can use it as a marinade if you wish.
● Add a couple of tablespoons over your steak to serve.