The Newest Steak Restaurant in Glasgow
The secret is out… Bar + Block Glasgow is the place to be for steak and cocktail lovers in the city! Treat yourself to a steakhouse dinner with fresh hand cut steaks that match your appetite along with our speciality cuts and many other great dishes. Are you “all about the steak”? Why not book our butchers block Chef’s table where large groups (up to 16) can enjoy fresh hand-cut steaks with cocktails whilst watching our chefs work their magic in the kitchen. Whatever the occasion, we pride ourselves on our food and drink. We’re famous for our hand-cut steak, cut as big as you like, and served just how you like it. We’ve also got experienced bartenders ready to shake + stir your cocktail of choice or pour you a wine or beer. There’s always something for everyone.
You’ll find Bar + Block Glasgow at St Enoch Square just a stone’s throw away from Glasgow Central Station. We’re near St Enoch Shopping Centre, with over 70 shops under the iconic glass roof on the City’s busiest shopping streets, Buchanan Street. But if shopping isn’t your thing, we’re a short walk from Glasgow Green, the oldest park in the city. If you’re visiting around Christmas time, we recommend checking out the Christmas Market at nearby George Square.
Our front of house team at Bar + Block Glasgow look forward to welcoming you and serving up our famous steaks, hand cut to any size and cooked to order. They’re a passionate bunch with an in-depth understanding of all things steak and wine. Over at our bar we have expert mixologists ready to help you unwind with a signature cocktail - or two! So just let us know if you have any questions, even if it’s about the city itself, and we’ll be happy to help and to make recommendations.
Bar + Block’s Chef John recommends our 12oz Ribeye steak cooked Medium with a creamy peppercorn sauce and our beef dripping chips, served with a side of garlic mushrooms.
Chef’s choice home recipe
Here are John’s top tips to recreate the magic of our expertly cooked steak at home:
● An hour before you cook, remove the steak from the fridge and allow it to reach room temperature. Rub with oil and add a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
● Add your steaks to your pan or barbecue, making sure it’s really hot. Remember to turn half way through cooking so that the meat will caramelise beautifully and evenly, leaving a delicious crust.
● The cooking time will vary depending on how you like your steak cooked - 6 minutes should give you the perfect medium rare.
● Once cooked to your liking, let the steak rest for a couple of minutes before serving with the sides and steak sauce of your choice.
● If you fancy a twist, marinate overnight in blended garlic, parsley and oil to give an added flavour boost.
Supporting the community
As well as fundraising for Whitbread’s chosen charity, Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital, we look forward to being able to join forces with our local community and will be looking for partnerships soon. Please get in touch if you’d like us to work together and support your cause.
Unfortunately, we don’t have an outside area.
No, we don’t sell Tennents lager but have a range of other beers available on tap and in bottles.
Yes, our expert chefs are highly trained and passionate about steak. We hand cut every steak and cook on a chargrill to perfection.