The Best Steak Restaurant in Belfast City Centre
Best quality steaks? Check. Outstanding steakhouse experience? Check. Enthusiastic team on hand? Check. You get it all when you dine with us at Bar + Block Belfast. Situated in the upbeat Cathedral Quarter of Belfast, we’ve been serving hand-cut steaks and delicious cocktails since 2019. So whether you’re popping in for a breakfast of steak + eggs or to enjoy a succulent steak throughout the day til late. We’ve got something for everyone – including the vegetarians! We’ve even got a couple of booths, perfect for some date-night romance, and some areas can be used for small parties (up to 16 guests). We recommend getting in touch to discuss your requirements and book in advance. And we can’t forget about the drinks. We’ve got experienced bartenders ready to shake + stir your cocktail of choice or pour you a wine or beer. There’s always something for everyone.
You’ll find Bar + Block Belfast in the vibrant Cathedral Quarter in Belfast city centre, close to St Anne's Cathedral. We’re only a short walk to the main shopping area and a 10 minute walk to the Titanic Belfast. We opened in 2019 and replaced the Four Corners restaurant which occupied the site since the Waring Street hotel opened in 2008.
Our front of house team at Bar + Block Belfast look forward to welcoming you and serving up our famous steaks, hand cut to any size and cooked to order. They’re a passionate bunch with an in-depth understanding of all things steak and wine. Over at our bar we have expert mixologists ready to help you unwind with a signature cocktail - or two! So just let us know if you have any questions, even if it’s about Belfast itself, and we’ll be happy to make recommendations for your visit.
Our chef, Craig, recommends our Spiral cut fillet. Created by spiral cutting the fillet and marinating in garlic and parsley for 24 hours for tenderness and flavour, the Spiral Cut Fillet is served with beef dripping triple-cooked chunky chips and a flavourful chimichurri sauce.
Chef’s choice home recipe
Here are Craig’s top tips to recreate the magic of our expertly cooked steak at home:
● An hour before you cook, remove the steak from the fridge and allow it to reach room temperature. Rub with oil and add a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
● Add your steaks to your pan or barbecue, making sure it’s really hot. Remember to turn half way through cooking so that the meat will caramelise beautifully and evenly, leaving a delicious crust.
● The cooking time will vary depending on how you like your steak cooked - 6 minutes should give you the perfect medium rare.
● Once cooked to your liking, let the steak rest for a couple of minutes before serving with the sides and steak sauce of your choice.
● If you fancy a twist, marinate overnight in blended garlic, parsley and oil to give an added flavour boost.
Supporting the community
As well as fundraising for Whitbread’s chosen charity, Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital, we regularly fundraise for the GOSH charity and look forward to being able to join forces with our local community and will be looking for partnerships soon. Please get in touch if you’d like us to work together and support your cause.